What exactly is Cannabis tincture?
CBD tincture is an extract of cannabis hemp plant from the stalk and seed, usually in liquid form with a zero psychoactive effect. It is a concentrate of cannabinoid and phytonutrient produced by the hemp plant itself but only contains a small amount of THC that is incapable of causing a high.
CBD tincture is one of the most useful substances that is quickly absorbed in the body. We like the taste of CBD, but if peradventure you don’t find the taste appealing, then you should consider other factors that make tincture a better option.
How to consume tincture
For those that want to have a taste of CBD or probably prefers to bring their medicine directly in contact with their tongue, tincture might be your best bet.
Tincture is taken orally with drops in the mouth, under the tongue and stand a better chance of having an immediate effect in the body. When it comes to relaxation of the body, they penetrate into the bloodstream with ease.
It passes through the digestive system, interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors that comprise the endocannabinoid system. The sublingual method (under the tongue) depends on your body system can be absorbed within 15 minutes. Hence you can easily feel the effect. But for some other individual, it might take a bit longer within 40 - 45 minutes. Here are some few tips on how to ingest tincture:
- Squeeze a few drops of CBD tincture under your tongue
- Don’t swallow immediately, leave it for 30 seconds in your mouth
- Swallow and take a deeper breathe in and out to feel its sensation
- Chill for few minutes to understand the way your system reacts to it
- Relax if it causes you to sleep or relieves you of any pain
- On the alternative, you can add it to your favorite drinks
How cannabis tincture is produced
It might be in your interest to know that all tincture are herbal extract but not all extract is tincture. On a norm, tincture is alcohol based because alcohol has been the universal solvent that extracts cannabinoids well.
But there is a new solvent that can be used which is glycerine. It is a common food ingredient, and it is safe to consume. There are several ways CBD tincture is made but here are few steps to follow:
- Collect your hemp plant CBD strain;
- Grind or blend in a smooth powdery form;
- Add glycerine into the blended CBD strain and transfer into a jar;
- Cover the jar and keep it for like 4-5 weeks;
- You can shake the jar once in a day to spring up the cannabinoid;
- After the given time, sieve the strain to remove the cannabinoid;
- Pour the extract in a bottle with a dropper for easy consumption.
What to watch out for as a consumer
Buyers should watch out for retailers who claim to be selling quality CBD products. Some retailers obtain their products from manufacturers that do not have a processing facility that makes them be in total control of their production.
A consumer might not even be aware of the defect in the extraction method, hence the consumption of contaminated CBD derivative. Therefore, real scientific hemp oil that went through superficial fluid extraction method yields pure and potent CBD extract.
Ensure to carry out a background check before you purchase any CBD product from any retailer. We at LifelongHemp provides a pure CBD extract that helps our customers to attain their wellness goal.